Would you like to lead a dynamic and exciting Software Engineering and Technical Operations organization that uses cutting edge technologies to deliver a world changing product that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team and use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine. Our products are used by thousands of healthcare institutions globally and provide world leading capabilities for the analysis of genomic, clinical, and imaging data.
In order to augment our Information Technology senior leadership team we are looking for a VP Engineering in Lausanne, Switzerland.
As VP Engineering you will report directly to the COO and will lead our Engineering group composed of several teams with a software product development and technical operations focus including Core Platform Services, Interpretation, Systems Operations, DevOps, QC, and Product Integration.
You will work with other senior leaders in our technology organization to define and execute the company technology strategy, while making sure that this strategy is aligned to the overall business objectives of the organization. You will be responsible for implementing and operating several crucial components of our globally distributed product portfolio, including our platform services, algorithms, front end systems, cloud-based development and production infrastructure, continuous delivery systems, metrics and monitoring, automated and manual testing frameworks. You will develop key metrics for the services and processes that your organization owns and will implement a continuous improvement program to keep your organization ahead of the curve. You will obsess over the efficiency of our teams and the technical quality of our products on behalf of our ultimate customers, the patients. You will make sure that our products are developed to be scalable, reliable, and fit-for-purpose. You will lead, mentor, and grow the Engineering leadership team and will represent your department within the larger organization.
Additionally, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Program Management Office, Product Engineering, Product Management, Data Science, Human Resources, Operations and Services, and other members of the global organization to define and deliver our Product Roadmap and global production services.
Some travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites will be required (up to 30%).
You are a senior technology leader who has extensive experience managing distributed organizations as part of the senior management team. You are strategic. You have built and operated scalable, fault-tolerant cloud based production services that can handle large data sets. You understand the healthcare space and are passionate about making a difference for patients. You have an excellent delivery track record and can rally the troops. You know modern software engineering process and architecture best practices. You understand how to build quality and drive continuous improvement. You are able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10 years’ experience in software engineering field
- 5 years in a senior management/leadership role
- Experience in the healthcare industry and development of medical devices
- Knowledge of genomics and digital image analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing)
- In-depth knowledge of modern scalable database technologies
- In-depth knowledge of cloud architecture, IoT, microservices, SaaS
- Excellent level of English
- ITIL, PMP, COBIT certifications
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: permanent full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.