After adoption by Key Centers in the US and to further accelerate our expansion, SOPHiA GENETICS is hiring a Territory Manager, West Cost - North America. SOPHiA GENETICS, the global leader in Data-Driven Medicine, is ranked amongst the 50 smartest companies in the world by the MIT Tech Review.
As part of the North American team, you report directly to the Vice President - North America and will lead the team of sales representatives in your territory. This position requires to extensively travel in your region as well as to the headquarters in Switzerland.
In line with the revenue and performance approved by the CCO, you build a sales plan, assign territories and sales goals to your team members. As a manager, you bring a strong expertise in sales and follow the commercial activities on a weekly basis by preparing action plans. You provide feedback, support, and coaching to your team and visit clients and prospects for negotiation. You make sure that there is high customer satisfaction within the territory. Furthermore, through regular assessment in coordination with the local Subject Matter Expert, you assign trainings necessary to continuously grow the team expertise to reach or exceed sales targets. You are also involved in the hiring process to create the most performing team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A master degree in Sciences within a well-regarded institution; PhD will be an advantage.
- First experience in managing a team of sales representatives.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms.
- Ideally, previous experience as working as part of a team to develop the company’s customer base and provide a first-class experience to clients, preferably in the clinical diagnostics, biotechnology or medical technology market. Strong desire to increase business and establish long term relationships.
- Experience with SFDC preferred.
- English (the business language) is mandatory.
Location: Home Office - We are looking to hire someone based in San Francisco, San Diego or Los Angeles
Starting date: ASAP
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.