The Subject Matter Expert (SME) holds a critical role within the Sophia Genetics sales department working very closely with the Subject Matter Expert Team Manager and the Regional Sales Manager.
The SME supports the whole sales process by regularly meeting with prospects and clients with the Sales Representatives when greater technical depth is required and is responsible to move clients quickly and efficiently to routine usage of genomic tests.
The SME forms a crucial link between the market and our R&D team to communicate all relevant inputs from the field to continuously grow our solution portfolio.
The SME is also in charge of the knowledge transfer to the sales team during internal team trainings.
Qualifications and Experience
- A master degree in Molecular Biology, Genomics or a similar field within a well-regarded institution; PhD will be an advantage.
- 3-5 years experience in sales or as a product specialist preferably in the clinical diagnostics, biotechnology or medical technology market.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms, and project management skills are required
- English (the business language) is mandatory
- Automation experience a plus
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Location: Home office based in the USA
SOPHiA GENETICS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse workforce. To ensure that we can provide for accommodation requests, for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation during the interview process can contact email@example.com for further assistance.