Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modelling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
We are primarily looking for passionate people. Seize the opportunity to contribute to a great cause (improving the diagnosis / treatment of serious illnesses) in an outstanding company !
In our journey to impact on patients lives, the Integration & Release (IR) Team is looking for a Junior Software Test Engineer.
In a continuous effort toward quality, you will be responsible for adding and maintaining automated GUI tests for our SOPHiA DDM platform.
You will translate product requirements into maintainable test cases using a combination of Java 8, Test FX, Cucumber and JIRA.
This position will require working closely with several other teams within the company such as the different Development teams and the Platform team.
- You are passionate about software testing and you have an innate talent for breaking things
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Working experience in test engineering or test automation or writing requirements
- Working experience in an OOP language, Java a big advantage
- Knowledge of test frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, GTest, cppunit is an advantage
- A background in health, biology, genomics is an advantage
- You have very good analytical skills
- You love working in a stimulating international environment
- You are at ease communicating with multidisciplinary teams
- You have good communication skills in English, enough to be comfortable in an international environment
Let’s talk about methods:
- Agility on a daily basis;
- Good code practices (clean code, Software Craftsmanship, design pattern, TDD, DDD, etc.);
- Collaborative work: code review, peer programming, merge request;
- And of course all kinds of tests;
We offer :
- A motivating salary (35h + 4 additional weekly hours contract) ;
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- A MacBook Pro Top Level & 27 "Monitors.
Start : ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time