In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are recruiting two Data Services Engineers in our IT team, designated to develop solutions to handle increasing amounts of genomics data.
As a Data Services Engineer you will work both with application development teams and database engineering teams in developing, deploying, and operating data (micro)services. In this role you will:
- Design, implement and administer production ready data services
- Evaluate new technologies and implement POCs
- Implement observability, monitor stability and performance
- Perform load testing for reliability and performance
- Perform root cause analysis for incidents in production and help teams with troubleshooting
- Work with the operations team to ensure data integrity and security in production
- A bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the software engineering field
- Demonstrated experience with API and microservice design
- Good knowledge of SQL, preferably in MySQL and/or PostgreSQL flavors
- Excellent knowledge of Java
- Experience with large data sets, and related challenges
- Experience with a microservice-oriented framework (e.g. Micronaut)
- Experience with efficient memory mapping (C++, Rust, other)
- Experience with service mesh frameworks
- Experience with Kafka, Redis, Cassandra
- Good programming and scripting knowledge (Python, R, JS)
- Good knowledge of software development best practices, Agile, CI / CD
- Proven experience in SaaS environment
- Experience with cloud provider APIs and services (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Services)
- Working experience with orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience with infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation)
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.