Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
In our journey to impact on patient’s life’s, we are currently looking to recruit a Manager to lead our team of Subject Matter Experts (SME) through the Latin American region.
The Subject Matter Expert supports the whole sales process by regularly meeting with prospects and clients in pre and post sales activities when greater technical depth is required. The SME team is responsible to move clients quickly and efficiently to routine usage of genomic tests through wetlab, platform trainings and also the SOPHiA Set Up Programs. They are also in charge of the knowledge transfer to the sales team during weekly trainings.
The SME Manager holds a critical role within the sales department, working very closely with the Sales Director to drive a sustainable strategy and positioning of SOPHiA GENETIC’s cutting edge technologies and therefore ensuring a strategic growth of the business in the region. This position requires to intensely travel across all LATAM & CAC countries.
The SME Manager responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Providing managerial leadership excellence to the SME’s so that they perform on or above expectations ensuring they become a full part of the sales consultative selling cycle
- Oversees pre- and post- sales activities within the territory (SUPs, support)
- Fully coordinate and manage the customer service (including distributors) through our internal platforms communicating with the relevant internal departments.
- Organize and maintain a successful training strategy for the entire sales team& distributors and keep track of progress through consequent evaluations and KPI’s.
- Reinforce SOPHiA GENETIC’s brand positioning through the creation with the sales managers of a strong community of key top customers/users across the LATAM region by:
- Frequently gathering and harnessing the latest trends & inputs for our clinical application managers internally to grow our solution portfolio in the region
- Provide special access to our latest data driven innovations by designing smart beta testing programs to better deliver our latest health innovations
- Organizing throughout the year, with the support of our marketing team, the content of a series of SOPHiA GENETICS workshops thus actively promoting our collaborations and catalyze the creation of a SOPHiA community
- Increase our footprint within the region by actively engaging with the technical peers of our partner ecosystem in the region
- Providing reports on a weekly basis to the Sales Director regarding progress of the team and projects and design together new strategies that can drive significant revenue growth in the region.
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong scientific background (Ph.D in Life Sciences or similar)
- Clinical expertise applied to genomics (>1 years)
- Deep knowledge of the data driven medicine field (health data analytics), proven via peer-reviewed publications and/or work experience- previous experience in the healthcare industry
- Project management skills (>2 years)
- Experience in managing or leading a team of technical experts
- Experience in creating a companywide technical support strategy (in Latin America) is an asset
- Strong organizational and autonomy skills
- English, Spanish and Portuguese are mandatory
- Ability to travel at 60% on a weekly basis to customer’s or distributors sites
- Regular travels to the headquarters in St-Sulpice (Switzerland) or Boston (USA)
- Location: Home office, Sao Paulo
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.