In our journey to impact on patients lives, the Integration & Release (IR) Team is looking for a Senior Software Test Engineer.
In a continuous effort toward quality, you will be responsible for adding and maintaining automated GUI tests for our SOPHiA DDM platform.
You will translate product requirements into maintainable test cases using a combination of Java 8, Test FX, Cucumber and JIRA.
As you acquire more experience your focus will shift on the engineering and enhancement of the testing framework, which must be capable of scaling up with the Acceptance Test Driven Development methodology of SOPHiA GENETICS.
- You are passionate about software testing and you have an innate talent for breaking things
- You have experience modelling a complex system and suggest architectural improvements
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- +2 years experience in test engineering or test automation
- +5 years working experience in an OOP language, Java a big advantage
- Knowledge of test frameworks like JUnit, NUnit, Cucumber, JBehave, GTest, cppunit is an advantage
- You write scripts in your daily work to boost your efficiency
- You love working in a stimulating international environment
- You are at ease communicating with multidisciplinary teams
- You have good communication skills in English, enough to be comfortable in an international environment
Let’s talk about methods:
- Agility on a daily basis;
- Good code practices (clean code, Software Craftsmanship, design pattern, TDD, DDD, etc.);
- Collaborative work: code review, peer programming, merge request;
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: permanent full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.