In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are recruiting a Cloud Database Architect in our Research & Development team, designated to develop solutions to handle increasing amounts of genomics data.
As a CDA you will work both with application development teams and operations teams in developing, deploying, and operating a large scale SaaS application. In this role you will:
- Design, implement and administer large database systems using cloud infrastructure
- Provide expertise in data architecture and technology choices
- Support and steer various development teams to align their architecture with the overall data architecture
- Design and implement strategies for large scale database deployment and testing
- Collaborate with Data Architecture and Tertiary Team's to establish overall database architecture for our production systems
- Monitor and optimize database performance, reliability and costs in production
- Analyze data using tools or programming languages in various logs, traffic traces, and complex configuration
- Perform root cause analysis for incidents in production and help teams with troubleshooting
- Work with operations team to ensure data integrity and security in production
Minimum qualificationsA bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in software engineering field
- Experience in designing databases for large scale cloud based SaaS or IoT, big data applications
- Experience with cloud database technologies such as Amazon RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Google Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB etc.
- Good knowledge of SQL, in MySQL and PostgreSQL flavors
- Good knowledge of UML
- Programming experience in Java, C++, Python
- In-depth knowledge of software development best practices
(Agile, CI/CD, DevOps, PaaS, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Good programming and scripting knowledge
- Good experience in supporting production systems
- Working experience with Docker and Kubernetes (or any orchestrator)
- Infrastructure as code experience using CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
- Opportunity to help patients to access better healthcare worldwide
- Be part of an exciting journey to become a global scale company
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- An international work culture
- Continuous learning and trainings
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- A motivating salary (35h + 4 additional weekly hours contract) ;
- A MacBook Pro Top Level & 27 "Monitors.
Start : ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.