Would you like to be part of a dynamic and exciting Software Engineering organization that uses cutting edge technologies to deliver a world changing product that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team and use your exceptional technical skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine. Our products are used by thousands of healthcare institutions globally and provide world leading capabilities for the analysis of genomic, clinical, and imaging data.
As part of the Integration and Release Team (IR team) you will have a dual role involving Product Integration and Test Engineering for our flagship SOPHiA DDM platform.
You will contribute to the development of automated integration and test systems in collaboration with senior engineers of the IR team. You will adopt agile software development methodologies to deliver value as early as possible. The systems you engineer will be in heavy use by the Data Science organization and will directly impact their productivity. You will be expected to provide rapid support to these teams.
You will participate in genomics and clinical application development projects as the representative expert for platform integration and analytical/technical testing strategy. As part of this role you will be working together with specialists of the Data Science department and Project Managers defining platform integration steps as well as setting test requirements to achieve analytical and technical performance objectives. Your input will help guarantee a rapid transition from an early prototype phase to highly scalable and reliable clinical products.
Additionally, you will have a supporting role together with Release Managers in maintaining a short SOPHiA DDM release cycle that produces quality releases following a pre-set schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
You are self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible. You are a team player and have the capacity to work independently on a project to completion. You strive for excellence and deliver end-products of high standards.
You hold an MSc or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or a related field. You have a solid Computer Science background and you are competent in the following areas:
- Proficiency in linux bash scripting and another scripting language (python or perl)
- Fluency in a compiled language is an advantage (C/C++ or Java)
- Experience with cloud computing and parallel processing of large data
- Experience with NGS data analysis and familiarity with R is an advantage
- Full professional proficiency in English
- Good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Contract type: permanent full-time
Starting date: ASAP (or as agreed)
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. You may be asked to perform a programming task as part of this process. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.