The Senior Scientific Communication Specialist BioPharma reports to the Manager, Scientific Communications. This role is accountable for the development and execution of the products communication plan in line with the the Clinical Trials products and solutions strategy. In collaboration with Medical Affairs, the Senior Communications Specialist BioPharma provides medical writing support for scientific publications of interest to the medical community.
- Single point accountability for managing the creation, deployment and maintenance of all product communications materials on time, within budget and in line with Clinical Trials Business Area objectives
- Works closely with the Clinical Trials Director, BioPharma Product Managers and the Chief Medical Officer to develop the communication strategy for the products and solutions of the Clinical Trials Business Area
- Manages agencies and vendors, holding them accountable to deliver quality and compliant product communication deliverables on time and within budget
- Responsible for both Internal and external product communications
- Supports Medical Affairs Communication Plan deliverables including scientific and medical publications, white papers, conference abstracts, presentations and posters
- Works closely with Medical Affairs and the Chief Medical Officer to develop scientific content of interest to the medical community, based on insights generated from the SOPHiA Platform (e.g., genomics, radiomics, multi-modal data)
- Closely coordinates with the Events team to ensure optimal customer experience
- Supports Media Relations on press releases, media kits, etc to ensure alignment with product branding and messaging.
- Interacts with other key departments as needed (e.g., R&D, medical, commercial, business development, IT) to ensure alignment of the BioPharma communication strategy with customer needs, business priorities, and the latest scientific knowledge
- A degree in a Life Sciences-related field is a must, (ideally a PhD, PharmD or MD)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in pharma or biotech company
- Demonstrated track record of experience in scientific and product communications, marketing, medical education or publications required
- Previous knowledge of cancer biology, hereditary disorders and genomics
- Sounds understanding of BioPharma product lifecycle
- Excellent planning, copywriting and budgeting competencies
- High degree of initiative and ability to work independently
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Location: Boston, United States
SOPHiA GENETICS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages a diverse workforce. To ensure that we can provide for accommodation requests, for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veteran’s Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation during the interview process can contact email@example.com for further assistance.