In our journey to impact on patients' lives, we are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join the Bundle Solution Development team in the Bioinformatics and Data Science department of SOPHiA GENETICS in St. Sulpice, Switzerland.
As a Senior Bioinformatician you would explore diverse clinical NGS datasets to access the performance of chemicals on the market, provide actionable insights to advance the development of chemicals and bioinformatic pipeline.
To be more specific, the Senior Bioinformatician is mainly responsible for analyzing a variety of NGS datasets that may vary in regard to gene panel, sample type, gene enrichment technology, sequencing platform, etc. These datasets will often - but not necessarily - be provided by customers and often as part of a collaboration with SOPHiA GENETICS. One major goal of such analyses is to evaluate the accuracy and technical performance of SOPHiA GENETICS products. Based on such insights the Senior Bioinformatician is expected to contribute to the improvement of SOPHiA GENETICS products, e.g. by suggesting and making changes in regard to probe design, analytical tools (pipeline modules), pipeline design, etc.
- PhD and/or several years postdoc or industry experience in bioinformatics and NGS data analysis and proven to conduct independent research.
- Strong publication record in the field of genomics
- Extensive experience in high-throughput method development in genomics
- Extensive experience with exploratory data analysis and visualization using either R or Python.
- Strong background in cancer cell biology will be a plus
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.
Please note that selected candidates will need to perform a bioinformatic analysis assignment and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.