In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are looking for a Principal IT Security Engineer to reinforce our Information Security team.
As a Principal IT Security Engineer you are a technical expert with an extensive knowledge in several security areas. You are responsible to secure SOPHiA Genetics IT assets and support the implementation of the strategy defined by the Director of Information Security.
You are responsible for defined security areas and information systems, the performance of associated security controls and the management of security projects within this scope.
Additionally, you proactively assess, prevent and mitigate Information Security risks within his responsibility and to act as an Information Security expert for defined company-wide programs.
MissionBe responsible for the overall security of several areas (e.g. Cloud Infrastructure Security, Secure development, etc.)
- Control, monitor and enhance defined security processes, measures and policies
- Provide security expertise for defined projects, departments or areas
- Assess, prevent and mitigate Information Security Risks related to this scope
- Coordinate large Information Security technical projects
- Provide expertise on internal/external security issues or incidents and implement long-term remediation
- Be responsible for defined Security Solutions management and performance (e.g. Vulnerability Scanner, IDS/IPS)
- Proactively challenges company security postures (via technical audit or continuous improvement)
Your profileBachelor in Engineering, Information Technology or Security
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Information Security
- Expert in several of the following areas: Cloud Security / Systems & Network security / Secure Development / Security Logging and Monitoring / Risk Assessment / Vulnerability Management / Privilege Access Management / WAF
- Experience working within an information security compliant company (e.g. ISO 27001 or equivalent)
- Perfect common of English (French is a plus)
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Great team-worker
- Proactive, rigorous, practical thinker
- Certifications are a plus (CEH, OSCP, SSCP, CISSP)
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.