As part of the BioPharma sales team, you will be responsible for establishing and managing a broad range of complex global alliances with external BioPharma companies. You will own the entire alliance management process (from identifying potential partners, understanding their needs, to defining joint projects) and will work closely with our team of Product Managers and Clinical Operations Specialists to ensure a smooth project delivery.
You are adaptive, a persistent “go-getter” and a creative problem solver, keen to design win-win opportunities with partners. You are the type of person who can talk to anyone, anywhere and in any situation, building on your deep understanding of the clinical development process and diagnostics space, you have no problem navigating diverse teams within BioPharma organizations and leverage your existing network to find the right partnership opportunity.
If you are self-motivated, keen to help build something new, someone who takes pride in helping pharma partners provide better solutions to patients, passionate about the Data-Driven Medicine revolution, this could be the role for you.
- Lead and take ownership for all aspects of the alliance process (from identification of potential partners to project definition and close)
- Organize and prioritize potential partnerships based on customer strategy and needs to go beyond transactional sales to become a true strategic partner
- Master knowledge of products and services of the three business areas at SOPHiA GENETICS (Genomics, Radiomics and Clinical Trials) to develop creative and unique value propositions to potential partners
- Interact with cross-functional internal team (clinops, legal, marketing, medical, etc.) to shape partnerships and ensure seamless transition post-signature for a successful alliance launch and delivery excellence
- Understand partner needs and track field feedback to input into product strategy and development
- Spearhead the development and implementation of tools, techniques and processes to support future activities and establish a SOPHiA way of working in BioPharma sales
You bring experiences in alliance management, a deep understanding of both the clinical development process and of the molecular diagnostics space.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar sales / business development or alliance management position within a Biotech/big Pharmaceutical company or CRO is required.
- Deep understanding and experience working with or in the clinical research or drug development field required. Experience working in the diagnostics space (specifically genomics) would be a real advantage.
- Experience engaging with and influencing senior executives and strong familiarity with decision making processes in BioPharma Companies
- Demonstrated results in achieving sales, business, development, or alliance management goals against annual growth targets
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with multiple stakeholders and cross functional teams including channel marketing, product management and clinical operations team
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills are a must, including experience communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms.
- A Bachelor degree in Life Sciences is required, a Master’s Degree or PhD will be an advantage.
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment;
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation;
- International and multicultural environment;
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.)
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: CDI full-time (permanent contract)
Location: Europe (preference Switzerland)
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.