Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, bioinformatics and mathematical modeling, SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
We currently have 2 positions open in the bioinformatics and data science department of SOPHiA Genetics in Boston, USA. Candidates should have extensive experience in the exploratory analysis of human NGS data.
Key tasks and projects include:
· Exploring diverse clinical NGS datasets particularly in the context of somatic variant calling, tumor/normal comparisons, CNV detection, TMB (Tumor Mutational Burden) analysis, MSI (Microsatellite Instability) detection, DNA and RNA fusion detection, etc.
· Leveraging average data science to examine data quality, assessing product performance, and extracting key features in order to separate signal from noise
The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- PhD and/or several years postdoc or industry experience in bioinformatics and NGS data analysis
- Extensive experience with R packages used for NGS data manipulation (e.g. ShortRead, Biostrings, GenomicAlignments) and ideally fluency in another language such as Python
- Solid track record in advanced data visualization using R or another programming language
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment
Please note that selected candidates will need to perform a bioinformatic analysis assignment and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.