The Medical Innovation Strategy Manager reports to the Chief Medical Officer. This role supports the development and execution of the long-term medical strategy of SOPHiA GENETICS, informing the priority development areas for the products and services of the three business areas (Genomics, Radiomics and Clinical Trials) and business development opportunities in the multi-modal healthcare data space.
- Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer to define SOPHiA’s long-term medical strategy in the multi-modal healthcare data space
- Interacts closely with other Departments, such as Information Technology, Operations, Marketing, and Data Science to drive the implications of the strategy (products, data infrastructure, data access, partnerships)
- Takes ownership for leading specific execution projects in relation to the defined medical strategy, in collaboration with key internal stakeholders
- Keeps up to date with new diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, standards and guidelines, data protection regulations as well as relevant disease knowledge
- Builds and operates a tracking solution to detect early trends directly relevant to SOPHiA’s customer base (new biomarkers, technologies, data modalities)
- Life sciences background with MD or PhD degree
- Minimum of 1-3 years of industry experience in pharma, biotech or life sciences management consulting
- Familiar with genomics and next-generation sequencing technologies
- Strong strategic and conceptual thinking skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and new concepts
- Strong ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.