Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced, high-growth health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modelling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 1000 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated by the goal of providing outcomes to all patients.
In our journey to impact on patients’ lives, we are looking for a Lab Coordinator.
The Lab Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Director of Genomic Research. This role is responsible for organising and planning laboratory training sessions for customers and internal staff at our laboratory facilities in Geneva, Switzerland as well laboratory training sessions that take place on site at customer facilities. In addition to this, the successful candidate will also be tasked with the planning, organizing and overall execution of administration responsibilities linked to our sample evaluation service and other administrative tasks. We are looking for an ambitious, organised and highly efficient expert with excellent administration skills.
· Managing the administration process of the following fields:
o Customer laboratory training on-site at customer facilities
o Customer laboratory training at SOPHiA GENETICS facilities
o Internal laboratory training at SOPHiA GENETICS facilities
o Evaluation sample service at SOPHiA GENETICS facilities
o Administative tasks (Lab orders, tracking orders, …)
· Assess customer and employees’ skills through electronic evaluations and provide appropriate feedback
· Communicate with team members, trainers and management to ensure all needs are meet
· Foster a good working relationship with SOPHiA GENETICS Laboratory, logistics, sales, data science and support staff to ensure smooth running of procedures
· Ensure that results are delivered to customer in a timely manner and according to policy.
· Ensure legal compliance with all services offered
· Assist with internal marketing of training
· Maintain knowledge database and tracking systems
· Research new training materials/ tools that might enhance our training procedures and provide value to our employees and customers
· Create and maintain training documents through collaboration with the marketing department
· Identify ways in which processes can be improved and implement changes
· Bachelor or Master in Lifescience/Biology
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills
· Fluency in English at C1 level is mandatory
· Attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
· Experience with Management Software such as JIRA is extremely favourable
· Ability to work with a multiple cultural team
· Proven similar experience as Administrative Lab training co-ordinator is advantageous
· Biology Skills and/or Next Generation Sequencing knowledge is advantageous
· Ability to generate creative ideas
Location : Geneva, Switzerland