In our journey to impact on patients' lives, we are currently looking for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) MEA (Middle East and Africa) to join SOPHiA GENETICS Sales Team. Be part of our mission to disrupt the healthcare and democratize the data driven medicine!
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) holds a critical role within SOPHiA GENETICS sales department and forms a crucial link between the market and our R&D team to communicate all relevant inputs from the field to continuously grow our solution portfolio.
As a Field Application Scientist (FAS) MEA (Middle East and Africa) you will support the whole sales process by regularly meeting with prospects and clients with the Sales Representatives when greater technical depth is required. The role requires a combination of pre- and post-sales technical support, wet lab and dry lab training, and troubleshooting to move clients quickly and efficiently to routine usage of genomic tests. The primary goals are to ensure customer success and satisfaction to drive revenues and sustain customer retention.
The Field Application Scientist (FAS) MEA position requires to intensely travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites across Middle East and Africa (60% of working time).
- Conduct on-site or remote customer trainings and demos on SOPHiA solutions.
- Act as a trusted technical expert and consult in product support to the customers, distributors and sales team.
- Support sales in the achievement of the regional sales target by providing pre- and post-sales related customer support activities.
- Ensure customer success efficiently driving Set Up Programs on genomic solutions.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and complaints in close collaboration with the customer services and support team.
- Mentor and train other members of the sales team.
- Deliver presentations for pre-sales or workshops.
- Provides strategic and competitive feedback to R&D and product development teams.
- Master degree in Life Sciences within a well-regarded institution; PhD will be an advantage,
- Excellent experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS),
- Strong technical background in genetics/genomics, sequencing applications, and understanding of variant analysis and interpretation workflows,
- Previous experience with NGS automation equipment is an asset,
- 2 years experience in sales or as a product specialist preferably in the clinical diagnostics, biotechnology or medical technology market is an asset,
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms,
- Clear vision of and commitment to providing outstanding customer service,
- Excellent level of English,
- Excellent level of Arab.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Location : Home Office
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: CDI full-time (permanent contract)
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.