Would you like to lead a dynamic and exciting Project Management Office that delivers a world changing product that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team and use your exceptional project management and leadership skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine. Our products are used by thousands of healthcare institutions globally and provide world leading capabilities for the analysis of genomic, clinical, and imaging data.
In order to augment our senior leadership team we are looking for a PMO Head at one of our locations in Switzerland, France, or USA.
As PMO Head you will report directly to the COO and will lead our Project Management Office comprised of several talented Project, Program, and Release Managers.
Your key responsibilities will be to set project management standards and best practices across our company, to lead detailed project management efforts in our Information Technology, and Data Science organizations, and to oversee the successful releases of our portfolio of products. We have several key products with a global user base, and an ambitious and exciting Product Roadmap with complex projects that span many disciplines, such as scientific research, data science, software engineering, machine learning, medical device development, and operations management. We have an excellent, but demanding client base, who use our products to help hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide. You will help us untangle the dependencies, manage commitments and resources, and deliver our projects on-time, on-budget, and with quality. You will mentor and grow the PMO team and make sure that project management standards are understood and executed throughout the organization. You will ensure that all relevant stakeholders are continuously apprised of project status, risks, issues, and action plans across our portfolio. You will help us deliver complex projects in the healthcare regulatory space as we seek additional certifications for our products. You will grow the influence of the Project Management Office within our organization and make sure that company resources are allocated to deliver the highest value.
Some travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites will be required (up to 25%).
You are a senior project management leader who has extensive experience leading distributed organizations as part of the senior management team. You are strategic. You have experience leading a PMO. You have an extensive track record of successful complex large-scale project delivery in the healthcare and information technology sectors. You know modern software engineering, data science, and product development processes and best practices. You are a champion of risk management and continuous improvement. You are able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and lead through influence. You are passionate about making a difference in patients’ lives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 10 years’ experience in project and program management
- 5 years in a senior management/leadership role
- Experience leading a PMO
- Experience managing large-scale projects across distributed teams
- Experience in the healthcare industry and development of medical devices
- Knowledge of genomics and digital image analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing)
- Experience with IT service delivery
- Experience with delivering data science projects
- Excellent level of English
- PMP, ITIL, COBIT certifications
- A competitive compensation package
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.