Would you like to lead the Product Management team for a game changing computational platform used to deliver genomic, radiomic, and clinical data analysis to over 1000 healthcare institutions and over 400,000 cancer and rare genetic disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team and use your exceptional product management and leadership skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine.
In order to augment our senior leadership team we are looking for a Director Platform Product Management at one of our locations in Switzerland, France, or USA.
As Director Platform Product Management, you will report directly to the COO and will lead our Platform Product Management group composed of several talented Product Managers and UX Designers.
Your principal responsibility will be to lead the design of the next generation of SOPHiA DDM Platform, our flagship software product, used to perform large-scale multi-modal analysis of patient data and deliver data-driven insights to hundreds of thousands of patients worldwide. Our platform is a one-of-a-kind distributed information system that brings together hospitals and labs to provide data ingestion and processing, analysis and modeling, reporting and intelligence, distribution and sharing. You will own the Product Roadmap and will be responsible for making sure that our platform features fit the needs of our rapidly growing user base at research and clinical institutions worldwide. You will build a strong relationship with our customers and continuously deliver business value through iterations of the platform. You will mentor and grow the Platform Product Management team. You will collaborate closely with Marketing, Engineering, Technical Operations, PMO, Clinical Application Product Management, and others to drive platform feature design and implementation. You will work with Quality and Integration to deliver releases to customers and ensure that our platform meets the highest standards of our clients and various regulatory bodies and will implement a data-driven continuous improvement program to ensure that our processes and products only get better with time.
Some travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites will be required (up to 50%).
You are a senior product management leader who has extensive experience working in distributed organizations as part of the senior management team. You are strategic. You have extensive experience developing software products in the healthcare space. You understand data science, genomics, image analysis, and clinical data analysis. You have exposure to the regulatory landscape surrounding handling of private patient data. You are experienced with User Centered Design and Human Computer Interaction. You have extensive technical skills and understand cloud computing, machine learning, API design, and the software engineering process. You have an excellent delivery track record and can rally the troops. You understand how to build quality and drive continuous improvement. You are able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization. You are passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or a similar field, or equivalent professional experience
- 10 years’ experience in software product management in the healthcare space
- 5 years in a senior management/leadership role
- Experience with genomics, digital image analysis, and clinical data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of HCI and User Centered Design
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing)
- Excellent level of English
- ITIL, PMP, COBIT certifications
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- Fantastic office locations in Switzerland, France, and USA.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: CDI full-time (permanent contract)
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.