Would you like to lead a dynamic and exciting Software Engineering organization that uses cutting edge technologies to deliver a world changing solution that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team in Bidart, France and use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine.
In order to augment our technical execution capabilities, we are looking for a Director of Software Engineering in Bidart, France.
As Director of Software Engineering you will report to the VP of Engineering and will lead several front end and back end software engineering teams in Bidart that own key products in our technical portfolio.
As part of your main responsibilities you will implement and monitor software engineering best practices within the full software development lifecycle. You will obsess over the efficiency of our teams and the technical quality of our products on behalf of our ultimate customers, the patients. You will manage key activities in the software engineering department including those of reliability engineering and process automation in support of daily site/software development projects. You will make sure that our products are developed to be scalable, reliable, and fit-for-purpose.
Additionally, you will collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Program Management Office, Human Resources, Operations and Services, and other members of the Information Technology organization. You will conduct performance evaluations and be responsible for the career growth of your teams. You will be responsible for local capacity planning and recruitment.
Some travel between various SOPHiA offices and customer sites may be required (10%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- 10 years’ experience in software engineering field
- 5 years in a senior management/leadership role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering best practices
(Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing)
- In-depth knowledge of cloud architecture, IoT, microservice, SaaS
- Excellent level of English
- Experience in the healthcare industry is an asset
- A competitive compensation package.
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- A fantastic location near the picturesque and laid-back South Atlantic coast of France.
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.