Would you like to support dynamic and exciting projects that deliver world changing solutions and have a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our Bioinformatics Service Team in Lausanne, Switzerland and use your excellent organisational skills, technical know-how in targeted NGS data analysis and project management knowledge to help us deliver Solution Set-Up projects on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine.
Project Management :
- Supervise projects in relation to Solution Set-Up end-to-end from data arrival to product release.
- Support the team during product development, and help analyse, manage and mitigate project risks and resolve blockers.
- Identify room for optimisations within the workflow as well as the establishment of tools for better monitoring and reporting on the timeline of the different project phases, helping to ensure that projects are successfully completed within timelines.
- Report project status to key stakeholders and establish best practices for project governance.
Team Management :
- Manage and lead two Managers with their teams of Bioinformaticians in Switzerland and in the USA.
- Develop, drive and support the team through regular assessments.
- Assign training necessary to continuously grow the team’s expertise.
- Involved in hiring process and team organization to create a high-performance team.
- PhD degree in Bioinformatics, computer science, life sciences or a related field
- 5 years experience as a NGS data scientist or Project Manager in the biotech industry or a related field
- Experience leading cross functional, complex projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good organizational and people management skills
- Extensive experience with targeted DNA sequencing data analysis, and with different variant calling tools and workflows
- Considerable experience with collaborative development using version control (preferably git)
- Problem solving and ability to think outside of the box
- Good knowledge of project management methodologies
- Fluent in English
- A flexible and friendly working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- Technical challenges to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.