We are recruiting a Database Engineer (Bioinformatics) in our Research & Development team, designated to develop solutions to handle increasing amounts of genomics data.
- Development and maintenance of databases handling large bioinformatics data
- Development and maintenance of API interfaces and small applications
- Act as 3rd line specialized support for complex technical support issues.
- The candidate would be part of a distributed team where resources are located in different countries and eventually spanning several time zones.
- MSc or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Familiarity with Bioinformatics
- Demonstrated Database Administration and Data Engineering skills involving RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, or other)
- Experienced in technologies: Python and/or R, Bash, Docker; C++ is an advantage
- Experience with git workflow and CI-CD
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- Seniority: Entry level
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Lausanne - Switzerland
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.