SOPHiA GENETICS the world leader in data driven medicine is recruiting for its bioinformatics development team in Bordeaux a data model developer. The ideal candidate should hold an MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or a related field and being able to prove his/her adequacy to fulfill the requirements for this position.
The candidate will be part of a distributed team responsible for the architecture of the bioinformatics data management and related tools.
- Develop and maintain APIs for bioinformatics data handling.
- Work on maintaining ETL processes handling large volumes of data.
- Parse information from third party databases.
- Act as 3rd line specialized support for complex technical support issues.
- Maintenance of development databases.
- The candidate would be part of a distributed team where resources are located in different countries and eventually spanning several time zones.
- Proven track record of developing software tools that can make easier to implement model-based approaches as well as facilitate integration with other systems.
- Ideal candidates will have 3+ years of experience in domain-relevant positions developing data models and data model tooling.
- Experience working with large relational databases (ingestion of large data volumes, database partitioning and distribution).
- Prior bioinformatics knowledge would be considered as an asset but it is not an eliminatory criterion.
- Relevant technologies for this position are: PostgreSQL, SQL (>= SQL:2016), pgPL/SQL, C++, ODB C++, R, Bash, Git, XML, REST.
- The communication at work will be held in English, the candidate is expected to have a fluent level both written and spoken.
- Standard office hours from Monday to Friday
- Career opportunities
- International and multicultural environment
- A company with worldwide reputation
- Seniority: Entry level
Starting date: ASAP
Location: Lausanne - Switzerland
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.