In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are recruiting a Data Engineer (Bioinformatics) in our Research & Development team, designated to develop solutions to handle increasing amounts of genomics data.
In a continuous effort toward quality you develop and maintain the databases handling large bioinformatics data and the API interfaces and small applications. As a Data Engineer you will be part of a distributed team where resources are located in different countries and eventually spanning several time zones. Additionally you act as a 3rd line specialised support for complex technical support issues
- MSc or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or a related field
- Familiarity with Bioinformatics - strong advantage
- Demonstrated Database Administration and Data Engineering skills involving RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, or other)
- Experienced in technologies: Python and/or R, Bash, Docker; C++ is an advantage
- Experience with git workflow and CI-CD
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- A MacBook Pro Top Level & 27" Monitors
Starting date: ASAP
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.