We are looking for a smart and dynamic lawyer with at least 2 years of experience and specialized in compliance and Data Protection.
The Compliance Manager will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Code of Ethics and with applicable statutory requirements (with the exception of Medical Device/In Vitro Device Regulations). The Compliance Manager will also be responsible for monitoring and identifying legal and regulatory issues and providing advice and management support in relation to business activities and processes.
As Data Protection Officer, the Compliance Manager will monitor compliance and data practices internally to ensure the business and its functions comply with the applicable requirements and to meet its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and local legislation such as the Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection and other applicable regulations (e.g. HIPAA etc).
The Compliance Manager assist and support the General Counsel establish and implement appropriate compliance processes for the group compliance function. As such, the Compliance Manager will be responsible for compliance communications, training, data protection matters, contract reviewing, and compliance related internal policies and procedures.
- Work hand in hand with key stakeholders in the design, development and maintenance of processes and procedures to maintain compliance with the Code of Ethics, policies and guidelines, as well as applicable privacy and data protection laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Work closely with the legal, information security, IT and data science functions to design and implement compliant data protection protocols in business activities.
- Document the personal data processing activities conducted and provide risk/impact assessments, including Data Protection Impact Assessments, to ensure that products, initiatives and solutions appropriately address data protection and privacy requirements.
- Supporting contract negotiations to ensure appropriate data processing and assisting and monitoring ongoing compliance with the process owners.
- Develop and administer country-level privacy standards and facilitate the continuous improvement of policies and standard operating procedures for the protection and security of personal information.
- Manage and work with the business to support the process for handling data subject rights requests.
- Monitoring changes to local data protection laws and making recommendations where and when appropriate.
- Developing and delivering data protection training to various business functions.
- Act as formal DPO for the group and collaborate with the Information Security officer on data security incident management.
- Support team members of the Legal team on legal projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in law; Strong understanding of Privacy law, including GDPR, US (State and Federal laws), Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection and other applicable privacy laws preferred;
- Data Protection and/or Privacy certification (CIPP or equivalent) and/or GDPR DPO certification. Experience with data privacy in Healthcare sector is a plus.
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations such as MDR, IVDR, FDA regulations, US HIPAA, US Sunshine act etc.
- 2+ years of experience in Privacy, Legal, Compliance or Risk Management with a strong privacy or data protection law knowledge. Experience with software development is a plus.
- Tech-savvy. Basic understanding of computer programming and familiar with data security and technical controls in software applications. Knowledge of cybersecurity risks and other information security standards.Familiarity with computer security systems and a good grasp general technical matters
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent drafting and editing skills
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, multiple geographies, internal subject matter experts, legal staff, vendors, and clients
- Full professional proficiency in English and French.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information impartially and with discretion.
- Energetic, positive team player.
- Business-minded with “can-do” attitude.
- Valid permit to work in Switzerland.
We are looking for an energetic and motivated colleague to join the Legal team in St-Sulpice (VD), Switzerland. If you like working in a fast-paced work environment where you can have a laugh with your colleagues, we’d be keen to hear from you.
Starting date: As soon as possible