Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced, high-growth health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated by the goal of providing better outcomes to all patients.
In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are looking for a
Chief Information Officer
Reporting to the CEO, the CIO is accountable for all aspects of Information Technology within the company, comprising of New Feature Development, Cloud Infrastructure Management, Production Systems Operation and Information Security by managing and directing the VP Engineering, VP Integration, VP Product System Operation and VP Information Security. The CIO is responsible for the company’s overall IT strategy, anticipates and ensuring scalability of technology, processes, and resources.
- Develop and present strategies to the CEO to meet company objectives
- Monitor and scale performance and responsiveness
- Grow, develop and organise IT teams worldwide
- Ensure system permits integration of new SOPHiA algorithms in a scalable way
- Ensure development environment interfaces smoothly with production
- Define strategy and execution with different VPs/teams in collaboration with Data Science R&D and Platform Team
- Maintain relationship with external stakeholders and represent company at important external sales and strategic events, and conferences
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology
- Proven experience as a CIO or similar leadership role
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Location : Lausanne – Switzerland
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter in English.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.