You are motivated, enthusiastic and flexible. You are a team player and have the capacity to work independently on a project to completion.
You hold an MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Responsibilities will include:
- Redesign of software components and production-ready reimplementation of complex algorithms
- Development of well testable components/utilities supporting the team of algorithm developers
- Analysis of resource requirements of existing solutions and proof-of-concept algorithm drafts to improve performance
- Contributions to software maintenance, testing and the release process
You are curious and willing to learn about all aspects of our analysis system, including basics in bioinformatics and genetics. You like to tweak and optimize code and enjoy when things are running super fast and smoothly.
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with multi-threading and parallel computing
- Understanding of kernel / IO resource management
- Comfortable with Unix environments and bash scripting
- Experience with version control systems
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as R and Python would be an advantage
- Prior experience with bioinformatics and/or analysis of genome sequencing data analysis would be an advantage
Must speak English well, French would be an advantage.
Location : Lausanne - Switzerland or Bidart - France
Starting : ASAP
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter.
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.