As part of the Tertiary analysis team you identify, handle and validate the contextual information supporting the clinicians in their interpretation of results. Your tasks are varied and cover a large array of approaches; ranging from the identification and handling of biological metadata, development and implementation of interpretation metrics and guidelines, and contributions to data warehousing and management systems.
- Conception, Research and development of the backend products.
- Scientific and technical management of extensive bioinformatics databases.
- Tertiary analysis team is involved in four business lines: Alamut, Hereditary diseases, Oncology and Clinical trials. Thus, the candidate should be a motivated, enthusiastic and flexible team player. You would work extensively on one of multiple projects, needing to document all activities and report developments in these projects to team leader, colleagues and project managers on a regular basis.
- PhD in a scientific field or a Masters with several years of demonstrated experience.
- Competence in a widely used bioinformatics programming language (Python, R or Julia). Experience in handling large genomic datasets via the command line.
- Strong Linux bash scripting experience.
- Database experience in mysql and or postgres.
- Knowledge of Genetics and Molecular Biology. Experience in a clinical setting would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of variant annotation software and or concepts would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms.
- Production and client oriented
- English (the business language) is mandatory, any other language would also be an advantage.
Location: St-Sulpice, Switzerland
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter
Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.