In our journey to impact on patients' lives, we are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join the Bundle Solution Development team in the Bioinformatics and Data Science department of SOPHiA GENETICS in St. Sulpice, Switzerland. Candidates should have extensive experience in the exploratory analysis of human NGS data.
As a Bioinformatician you explore diverse clinical NGS datasets, in particular in the context of RNA-seq analysis, somatic variant calling, tumor/normal comparisons, CNV detection, TMB (Tumor Mutational Burden) analysis, MSI (Microsatellite Instability) detection, DNA and RNA fusion detection, etc.
Additionally, you leverage data science to examine data quality, assessing product performance, and extracting key features in order to separate signal from noise.
- PhD and/or several years postdoc or industry experience in bioinformatics and NGS data analysis
- Extensive experience with R packages used for NGS data manipulation (e.g. ShortRead, Biostrings, GenomicAlignments) and ideally fluency in another language such as Python
- Solid track record in advanced data visualization using R or another programming language
- Experience with RNA-seq data analysis
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment
- Please note that selected candidates will need to perform a bioinformatic analysis assignment and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.