We currently have 1 position open in the BSD team in the Bioinformatics and Data Science department of SOPHiA GENETICS in St. Sulpice, Switzerland. Candidates should have extensive experience in the exploratory analysis of human NGS data.
Key tasks and projects include:
- Exploring diverse clinical NGS datasets, in particular in the context of RNA-seq analysis, somatic variant calling, tumor/normal comparisons, CNV detection, TMB (Tumor Mutational Burden) analysis, MSI (Microsatellite Instability) detection, DNA and RNA fusion detection, etc.
- Leveraging data science to examine data quality, assessing product performance, and extracting key features in order to separate signal from noise
The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
- PhD and/or several years postdoc or industry experience in bioinformatics and NGS data analysis
- Extensive experience with R packages used for NGS data manipulation (e.g. ShortRead, Biostrings, GenomicAlignments) and ideally fluency in another language such as Python
- Solid track record in advanced data visualization using R or another programming language
- Experience with RNA-seq data analysis
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced and multidisciplinary environment
- Please note that selected candidates will need to perform a bioinformatic analysis assignment and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.
If you think you fit this position, please send us your CV and a cover letter!
We look forward to hearing from you...
Location : Lausanne - Switzerland
Starting : ASAP