In our journey to impact on patients lives, we are looking for a Bioinformatician (diagnostic products) to join the Validation and Compliance team in Lausanne.
As a Bioinformatician, you will assist the team of bioinformatic product development for In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products to establish and document the bioinformatic performance metrics of products and re-validate products for the purpose of change management, e.g. after protocol optimisation. You will contribute to updating bioinformatic IVD products for performance and quality improvements, e.g. by modifying analysis pipelines and by performing and documenting non-regression testing and other software release-related tasks. Additionally you will perform and document continuous quality control analyses, e.g. in regard to reagent quality and you will generate and maintain code, e.g. for bioinformatic performance analyses and automatic document generation.
IVD products are validated to the highest quality standard and are used by clinicians in a medical diagnostic setting. To guarantee this quality, SOPHiA Genetics is looking for a driven and passionate analyst who is comfortable working in a collaborative environment. If, in addition, you are meticulous, rigorous and maybe even a self-described neat-freak, come and help our team to create products that reach and maintain performance standards which have enabled our diagnostic solutions to become an integral part of the clinical toolbox!
- Master's degree (or PhD) in engineering or biology including demonstrated strong statistical analysis and programming components
- proven abilities in R including R markup languages such as Knitr, Sweave, R Markdown or similar
- considered a big plus:
- understanding of the basis for genetic testing- experience with ISO 13485 or similar quality management systems and/or with CE-IVD certification or FDA approval processes;
- bioinformatics experience with Bioconductor, samtools, and other widely used software;
- proven track record of working with high performance computing clusters, bioinformatic analysis pipelines, and version control systems;
- previous use of variant detection and annotation software;
- mastery of another programming language, e.g. Python or C++.
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
Starting date: ASAP
Contract type : CDI
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.