Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
In our journey to impact on patients lifes, we are looking for a Bioinformatician (diagnostic products).
We currently hire for the following position in the bioinformatics and data science department of SOPHiA Genetics in St. Sulpice/Lausanne, Switzerland.
We are looking for a bioinformatician who will assist the team in charge of developing In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) products in the following areas:
- to establish and document the bioinformatic performance metrics of products;
- to re-validate products for the purpose of change management, e.g. after protocol optimisation;
- to contribute to updating bioinformatic IVD products for performance and quality improvements, e.g. by modifying analysis pipelines and by performing and documenting non-regression testing and other software release-related tasks;
- to perform and document continuous quality control analyses, e.g. in regard to reagent quality;
- to generate and maintain code, e.g. for bioinformatic performance analyses and automatic document generation.
IVD products are validated to the highest quality standard and are used by clinicians in a medical diagnostic setting. To guarantee this quality, SOPHiA Genetics is looking for a driven and passionate analyst who is comfortable working in a collaborative environment. If, in addition, you are meticulous, rigorous and maybe even a self-described neat-freak, come and help our team to create products that reach and maintain performance standards which have enabled our diagnostic solutions to become an integral part of the clinical toolbox!
The ideal candidate should demonstrate excellence in the following areas:
* Master's degree (or PhD) in engineering or biology including demonstrated strong statistical analysis and programming components
* proven abilities in R including R markup languages such as Knitr, Sweave, or similar
* considered a big plus:
- understanding of the basis for genetic testing- experience with ISO 13485 or similar quality management systems and/or with CE-IVD certification or FDA approval processes;
- bioinformatics experience with Bioconductor, samtools, and other widely used software;
- proven track record of working with high performance computing clusters, bioinformatic analysis pipelines, and version control systems;
- previous use of variant detection and annotation software;
- mastery of another programming language, e.g. Python or C++.
Please note that selected candidates may need to perform a bioinformatic assignment and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.
If you think you fit this position, please send us your CV and a cover letter! We look forward to hearing from you...