In our journey to impact patients' lives, we currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join the Tertiary Analysis team, based in ourBordeaux office, France. The team is transversal working across the two business lines of: Genomics and Clinical Trials and on numerous projects central to the company such as: Alamut®, SOPHiA DDM™and SOPHiA Trial Match™.
As a Bioinformatician with a good understanding of biological datasets, relevant in a clinical context, you will be involved in the development of annotation modules used both in a germline and somatic context and in backend as well as front-end developments.
You will research and develop the backend products and the OncoPortal, you will collaborate with the databases, pipeline and the front-end teams and you will develop python, R and Java modules bridging external data sources, the annotation database (postgres), pipelines and front-end . Additionally you comply with high quality standards (risk assessment and testing tasks) and document all activities and report developments in these projects to team leader, colleagues and project managers on a weekly basis.
- PhD in a scientific field or a Masters with several years of experience
- Competence in a widely used bioinformatics programming language, Python, R and Snakemake workflows would be an advantage
- Java experience is a plus
- Database experience in mysql, postgres
- Handling of large biological datasets with SPARQL would be appreciated
- Young and closely interacting R&D team in a casual working environment
- Career opportunities in a fast-growing company with worldwide reputation
- International and multicultural environment
- Flexible hours, home office opportunities, etc. ;
- A stimulating technical environment (cloud computing, Big Data, CI, CD, ...);
- Permanent exchanges with teams of experts within the company (AI, genomics, medicine, etc.);
Starting date: ASAP (or to be decided)
Contract type : CDI full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.