Our bioinformatics department is hiring! As part of the team you will contribute to tertiary analyses, with a strong emphasis on variant annotation and pathogenicity quantification. The responsibilities for this position include:
- Identifying, curating and handling biological evidences that fuel our tertiary analysis.
- Contributing and maintaining the annotation module by implementing algorithms, designing unit tests and implementing update routines.
- Communicating about your work by generating high quality presentations and reports for the clients.
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and flexible team player. You are a bioinformatician / biologist / geneticist that is familiar with the usual genomic data standards and experienced in handling large genomic datasets via the command line. A PhD level and knowledge in variant classification is a clear asset. Also, you can demonstrate expertise in the following areas:
- Strong data analysis skills using R/Bioconductor, experience in Python would be an advantage.
- Strong Linux bash scripting experience.
- Experience with versioning systems.
The candidate must speak English, any other language would also be an advantage.