Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 980 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
We are primarily looking for passionate people. Seize the opportunity to contribute to a great cause, improving the diagnosis and treatment of serious illnesses, from Cancer to Genetic Diseases, within an outstanding company!
In our journey to impact patients' lives, we currently have two open positions in the Tertiary Analysis Operations team, based at our headquarters in Bidart, France.
The team is transversal working across the two business lines of : Genomics and Clinical Trials.
On numerous projects central to the company such as: Alamut, SOPHiA DDM™ and SOPHiA Trial Match™.
- Research and development of the backend products.
- Scientific and technical management of our extensive bioinformatics databases.
- This will require the automation of variant database updating and integration of new data sources.
- This also requires collaboration with different departments across the company including; Sales; Marketing; Quality and Project Management.
- The candidate will also participate in Bioinformatics based technical support, for the AlamutÒ products.
- The SOPHiA Trial Match™ project is also part of our responsibilities, were we work as scientific experts, coordinating data between the BioPharma and the IT teams. SOPHiA Trial Match™ enables clinicians to match patients to clinical trials based on their genomic profiles.
- This also requires the development of Snakemake and other Python pipelines.
- The Tertiary Analysis Operations Team is transversal involved numerous projects. Thus, the candidate would be required to document all activities and report developments in these projects to team leader, colleagues and project managers on a weekly basis.
· PhD in a scientific field would be advantageous or a Masters with several years of experience
· Competence in a widely used bioinformatics programming language, Python, R and Snakemake workflows would be an advantage
· Database experience in mysql and or postgres
· Linux bash scripting experience
· Knowledge of Genetics and Molecular Biology. Experience in a clinical setting would be an advantage
· Knowledge of variant annotation software and or concepts would be advantageous
· Excellent communication skills, including experience in communicating complex scientific principles in simple terms
· English (the business language) is mandatory, French is a plus
Position is based in Bidart