Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced, growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, bioinformatics and mathematical modeling, SOPHiA GENETICS' technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 850 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
We currently have 1 full-time position open for an Algorithm Developer/Algorithm Engineer in the Algorithm Development team which is part of the Data Science department of SOPHiA GENETICS in St. Sulpice, Switzerland. This team develops algorithms and tools for our pipelines that analyse next-generation sequencing (NGS) data. The corresponding day-to-day work covers a wide range of bioinformatics-related topics as e.g. string alignment and statistical data analysis. Most of the code base is written in C/C++. Key responsibilities of the successful applicant will span across the entire software development cycle including design, implementation, optimization, integration, testing, documentation and maintenance of tools and algorithms. Efficient collaboration with a wide range of colleagues including wetlab scientists, data scientists, bioinformaticians, and software systems engineers will be essential.
Qualifications and experience that are required:
- an MSc or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- significant experience with C/C++ programming
- significant experience with algorithm design and optimization
- ability to work effectively as part of a team
- ability to independently and reliably complete tasks and projects (or relevant parts thereof)
- full professional proficiency in English
Qualifications and experience that represent an advantage:
- experience with NGS data analysis
- competence in mathematical modelling
- knowledge of scripting languages (preferentially Python and R)
- experience with Linux and bash scripting
Starting date: as soon as possible
Please note that selected candidates will need to perform an assignment and a self-assessment during the recruitment process.
If you think you fit this position, please send us your CV and a cover letter!
We look forward to hearing from you...