Ranked among the "50 Smartest Companies" in the world according to the MIT Technology Review, SOPHiA GENETICS is a fast-paced growing health-tech company. Combining deep expertise in life sciences, medical disciplines and mathematical modeling, we bring to market data analytics solutions to support healthcare professionals in better diagnosing and treating patients. Today SOPHiA’s technologies are being adopted and trusted by over 980 leading hospitals worldwide, all connected to each other and motivated to provide equal benefits to all patients.
We are primarily looking for passionate people. Seize the opportunity to contribute to a great cause, improving the diagnosis and treatment of serious illnesses, from Cancer to Genetic Diseases, within an outstanding company!
In our journey to impact patients' lives, we are currently looking for Accounting Manager based in Bidart, France.
• Responsible for the overall bookkeeping for General Ledger, Payroll, Treasury, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets of our French operation
• Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
• Ensure accurate and timely year end closing under IFRS and French GAAP. Collaborate with external accountants and auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
• Assist with compilation of information for preparation of tax returns, VAT and other regulatory reporting
• Ensure appropriate internal controls framework
• Ensure daily cash management and periodic cash forecast
• Ensure all Invoices and expense reports complies to company guidelines and procedures
• Perform accurate control on PR and PO issued by requestor. (GL, cost center, Vendor)
• Review cash entries, batch payments and perform bank reconciliation
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly management report (explain the month to month variances)
• Coordinate and manage corporate and cross functional project implementations in France
• Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
• Provide support to Group Controller and CFO as needed: information requests and analysis, profit and loss and balance sheet reviews
• Coach and manage GL accountant, provide technical guidance and review as necessary
• Formal accounting qualification is required (Grandes écoles, DCG)
• At least 5 years’ experience, including in company operating under IFRS.
• Quickly able to handle/embrace all accounting and administrative activities
• Open to work in an international, growing, fast changing environment, requiring flexibility, pragmatism and collaboration
• Self-starter and deadline driven person, with high degree of independency
• Able to work in multi-cultural environment, with fluent in English and French
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and organized person with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Experience with ERP systems, knowledge of Dynamics 365 is a plus
• Proficient in Excel